Super Junior News [2008 archieves #1]

►Donghae’s Message on his Fancafe Update

Hi everyone, I’m Super Junior’s Fishy– Donghae
I haven’t left a message here for long, haven’t I?
Although I have 6 DAUM IDs, but all of them have been attacked by hackers, so I’m reluctantly leaving a message here… ㅠㅜㅠㅠㅜ

Although I’d really like to leave messages, but because I haven’t
reached the status needed to leave a message, I shall just leave a
message here.

You guys miss me right? I miss you all too.. not only me but all of
us members of Super Junior miss ELF very very much. So I’m really
looking forward to the Dream Concert this time ^^

I will never forget how touched I was during the concert…
The enthusiasm and thanks that everyone gave… We have all once worried for everyone’s throats that have pained for us…
But, those 3 hours are really something that no matter when or what, cannot be replaced, isn’t it? ^^

No matter when I’d really like to bow to say thanks to all of you,
although we made mistakes and were insufficient in many places, but you
all believed in us throughout, and brought us laughter…

Time has passed so fast…From Day 1 until now… it has already been 4 years…
At the beginning, I was very hopeful about the future, whether I’d
be given support from many fans, and at the same time, worried that I
might disappear and lose my fans.

But now, not only in Korea, I’ve met ELF from many other countries,
felt everyone’s love, the feeling that I’ve been reborn…. If I was
reborn, would I still receive this type of love? I think, we might not
be willing to be reincarnated…

Because I don’t know if I can meet you all again… I’m scared that I
won’t be able to see you all again, and if that happens, I’d be
heartbroken…

So we are all very thankful for what we have now.
Recently, I’ve looked for many past performance videos at the Dream Concert and Asia Song Festival, recapping them once again…

Though I am now in China, looking at the shining sea of Sapphire
Blue makes me tear up. Perhaps in the beginning, it was said that ELF
would not have existed if Super Junior hadn’t debuted. But as time
passed, we (Super Junior) cannot do without ELF. Without them, we are
nothing.

What we do is only to sing for all of you, giving joy to you. But
the things you all do for us are simply countless. So we always feel so
grateful, and always end up tearing.

Once I think about being able to see all of you at the Dream
Concert, being able to see the sea of sapphire blue, my heart starts to
race and I get excited.

Please continue to support and love us. Without all of you, we’ll be
lonely. Without all of you, we cant do anything. SO WE NEED TO BE
TOGETHER BY EACH OTHER! Don’t ever change your heart.
See you at Dream Concert!

-Bows with thankfulness-

I want to say I love all of you…I love all of you!
Super Junior (Fishy)… Lee Donghae ^^
I left a message at Onsaemiro, but it got deleted… so I’m very sad…ㅜㅡㅜㅡㅜㅡㅜ
Because I don’t have an ID, I used my hyung’s ID to leave a message!!
Everyone’s healthy right? I’ll see all of you at the Dream Concert!!^^^^^^;
Super Junior, Donghae^^


►BLOOD, KNIFE AND STABBED PICTURE FOR HANKYUNG

According to a witness, Han Kyung, who has lately been in China doing activities, encountered a so-called fan that wanted to give him a gift during his ride back to the hotel after recording a television program. The fan’s fluentless Chinese created doubts within the staff. When the fan gave them the present and cake, the fan requested to have a picture with the idol. The staff were afraid that Han Kyung would be harmed and politely rejected the fan, using Han Kyung being sick as an excuse. After Han Kyung’s polite apology, the staff immediately brought him back to the hotel. As they got back, the staff opened the present together and discovered that inside the box contained small bags full of blood. There was also a sharp knife and a stabbed picture of Han Kyung. Han Kyung immediately understood that this was done by an anti-fan, and after several testings of the cake, it was concluded that the cake contained a nameless poisonous powder.

apparently, this is not the first bad thing happened to Han Kyung personally. some of you might have known, but if you are like i am, which is not so long ago to know about Su Ju, well, here i share my new found info.

Apparently, most of antis based their antiness to Han Kyung on him being a foreigner in South Korea. They sound to me like having this sickness to see a stranger being so famous in their land. And if you ask me, it also sounds very conservatively snob. But as being conservative is part of one’s character, and there’s nothing we can do about a character no matter how hard we complain about it, all that left for us, the open-minded people (and perhaps Han Kyung himself) is the ironic and hard feeling grin.

So these antis do horrible things to him (which is understandable, otherwise they won’t be called antis). Once, in Han Kyung birthday celebration, an anti managed to get into the party, and ended up yelled at him on the stage to crawl back to China. Yeah, and the anti should crawl back to his cave (the anti was a he, yes. So could it be a exhibition of jealousy that another guy could get so many attention from girls around the country while all this anti could have was a mere screech from his bat cave-mates? Only him and Him knew).


►Super Junior Donghae gets Scold by ELF

After being away from his cyworld for weeks Lee Dong Hae of Super Junior created a minihompy and began writing entries. The first entry he announced his excitement for the dream concert. When Donghae opened his page fans were excited however they quickly turn to hate after an entry posted on the 24th.

"To.ELF

Hi^^!! I am Super Junior’s Donghae!!
How are you?? Before I wrote in Cheonhwirong and you thought it wasnt me so
I deleted it!!ㅋㅋㅋ
well I used another name, so I understand I’m fine these days!
I’ve been listening to loving leeteuk hyung and friend eunhyuk’s kiss the radio
Our ELF,ELF that Super Junior loves and so touching
I heard that you were doing good deeds.
What I know is that you were doing many good deeds even before.
When I see that I always feel ashamed and sorry and grateful..
I wanted to say I love you^^
*and there was a great earthquake in China*
*I believe you know this*
*It’s bigger than I thought..We need ELF’s interest
*and lots of ELF’s concerns and love too*
*not because China is far or Korea is far, Its not other people’s problem*
*we really need to help alot*
*so that many victims could be happy again please pray for them.
*please*

See you at june 7^^ at Jamsil!!Promise!! I will really go!!ㅋㅋㅋ

_Super Junior Donghae"

[Dated 2008.05.24 23:25]

original text:


To.ELF

안녕하세요^^!!슈퍼주니어 동해입니다!!

잘들지내시져?? 저번에 천휘룡에다가 글올렸는데 제가 아닌줄 알구

지우셨더라구요!!ㅋㅋㅋ

뭐 다른 이름이니 그럴수도 있다고 생각합니다!!^^

요즘 기분이 너무 좋아요!

사랑하는 이특형 친구은혁 우리 키스더 라디오를 들었는데

우리 ELF 가 슈퍼주니어가 사랑하는 ELF가 너무나 감동 적인

일을 많이하고 있다는 사실을 들었습니다.

뭐 저번부터 항상 좋은 일을 하고있다는 걸 많이 듣고 봤습니다.

그런걸 보면 많이 부끄럽고 미안하고 항상 감사하고 고맙고…

사랑한다는 말 전하고 싶어요^^

그래서 저희 슈퍼주니어도 열심히 잘할려고 노력하고 발전할려고

저희도 많이 생각 하고 노력하고 있습니다.

정말 ELF 최고에요 …너무 이쁘고 착하고 천사 같아요!!^^

앞으로도 저희도 열심히 잘하고 멋진모습 많이 보여드릴께요^^

*그리고 지금 중국에 지진이 정말 크게 일어났습니다*

*알고계실꺼라 믿습니다*

*생각보다 정말 크게 일어났는데…우리 ELF 의 관심도 많이 필요할

*꺼 같아요…많은 관심과 사랑 부탁드릴께요*

*중국이라서 멀리있는게 아니라 한국이 아니라 남 일이 아닙니다*

*정말 많이 도와야 할때입니다.*

*많은 희생자 들도 지금 이상도 빨리 지나가서 다 같이 웃을 수 있

*게 다친 분들도 빨리 건강해 질수 있게 많은 관심 사랑 기도 부탁

*드릴께요^^

6월7일 봐요^^잠실에서!!약속!!난 꼭 가야지!!ㅋㅋㅋ

_ 슈퍼주니어 동해 1 _


Just hours after the entry was posted, ELF became commenting rudely on the page, Dong hae replied:
25May 1.36AM

I’m a bit upset..
I just wrote what I wanted to say but got scolded by others in the end…
Unexpectedly, this happened…
People’s thoughts are always different… I understand…

Everyone should go to sleep,
don’t fall sick… ^^

Since he deleted his own post no except fro the ELF who commented themselves we are still unclear what kinda of harsh comments they actually wrote. The reason why they attacked is still unclear, some say ELF believed the poster to be a hacker and scold him while some believed ELF misunderstood DongHae's intentions.

On the other hand, Super Junior M received the Best Newcomer award in Taiwan (?) and is currently in Hong Kong for promotional activities.


►Do We Seriously Need Another Super Junior Sub-Group?



Father SM released yet another SuJu subgroup named Super Junior Happy and the six fruit-loops of this group are Lee Teuk, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin and Eun Hyuk.

Super Junior Happy will release their single beginning of June and the title song “Cooking? Cooking!” will feature some fruity moves as the picture suggests.

It looks like Father SM is aggressively pushing these subgroups after SuJu M brought home the ”Asia’s Most Popular New Group” at the 5th Annual Music King Awards hosted by the China Cultural Arts Fund Organization and Guangdong TV.

But seriously, we don’t need another Super Junior subgroup with strange names.


►Super Junior-M & Zhang Li-yin Awarded in China

Currently active in China, Super Junior-M and singer Zhang Li-yin were awarded at a Chinese music awards ceremony.

Both Super Junior-M and Zhang Li-yin are part of the SM Entertainment Agency and they respectively won "Asia's Most Popular New Group" and "2008's Best New Singer" at the 5th Annual Music King Awards held on the 25th in Macao.

The Music King Awards is a music ceremony hosted by the China Cultural Arts Fund Organization and GuangdongTV. There are a total of 40 award categories which consider artists from all over Asia.

This year's ceremony, entitled "5.12 Benefit Night for Natural Disasters," will assist victims of the powerful earthquake which shook Sichuan this year. Proceeds from the tickets sold for the ceremony will be donated entirely to the Macao Red Cross.

"This is our first award since our official debut in China," said Super Junior-M members. "We hope the people suffering in the aftermath of the earthquake will never lose hope."


►Super Junior's new subgroup revealed, "Super Junior - Happy"



13-member boy band Super Junior produces another subgroup, "Super Junior - Happy".

Super Junior - Happy is the fourth Super Junior subgroup after Super Junior-K.R.Y, Super Junior-T, and Super Junior-M, formed by SM Entertainment. The six members include Leeteuk, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk.

On the 30th, SM announced that, like the name of the group, they will be peforming quick and refreshing songs, giving the fans a feeling of bliss and happiness.

Super Junior - Happy's first mini album will be available in early June.
The title track is a dance song entitled "요리왕(COOKING? COOKING!)" (Translation: Cook King(COOKING? COOKING!) ).

The song is a story about a youth stumbling upon interesting things as he thinks about cooking for his girlfriend.


►Super Junior-M Holds Back Tears to Encourage Sichuan Victims


Super Junior-M consists of both Chinese and Korean members. With each member having different talents and specialties, they have attracted many fans from the Mainland. Front row from left is Donghae (Korean), Hankyung (Chinese), Siwon (Korean), bottom row from left is Ryeowook (Korean), Henry (Chinese), Kyuhyun (Korean), and Zhoumi (Chinese).

Super Junior-M holds back tears to encourage Sichuan victims
7-membered group with Chinese and Korean members, Super Junior-M's popularity in the Mainland and the rest of Asia is rising continuously. Recently they attended the 5th annual "Music King" awards show that was held in Macau and won the Asia's Most Popular New Group award. On Monday they came to Hong Kong for promotion and did an interview with us.

Korea's 13-membered boy band Super Junior debuted in 05 with great success. This year, their company SM Entertainment released the new subgroup, Super Junior-M. "M" is derived from the English word "Mandarin", obviously showing their entire focus to the Mainland market. This team of Chinese and Korean members consists of five of Super Junior's original members, which includes the Chinese Hankyung, Korean Siwon, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Ryeowook, and the addition of two Chinese rookies, Zhoumi and Henry.

Cancels work to participate in diaster reliefs
Due to the recent big earthquake in Sichuan, Super Junior-M are busy with attending disastrous relief functions in the Mainland, resulting in a cancelation of many previously scheduled performances. Last week they attended an auction event in Hunan and donated the money they have won from a game show. Band leader Hankyung expresses that aside from suffering harsh living conditions, the victims are also under heavy pressure psychologically and they need help from others. Not long after the earthquake he communicated with some Sichuan fans over the phone, encouraging them to be strong. He says, "That Sichuan fan was very sad because her sister was missing, so I consoled her over the phone. At that time I also felt very grief, but I held back my tears."

Hopes to hold show in Hong Kong
Since Super Junior-M is from the combination of Chinese and Korean members, how can they communicate? Hankyung joined Super Junior in 05 so his Korean is already very fluent. Among the Korean members, it seems that Siwon, who has acted in the Chinese-language film "A Battle of Wits", has the best Chinese. Donghae says that he is effortly learning Chinese. He can now pick up some Chinese single words in speech at his current learning stage. During the interview, he suddenly bursted out a Chinese phrase, "interesting" to highten the atmosphere. No wonder Hankyung said that Donghae is the most playful member of the group. Member Zhoumi previously attended college in Zhuhai so he can understand some Cantonese. He is even more familiar with Hong Kong's singers as he expresses that he really admires Khalil Fong and Janice Vidal. Siwon then says that he hopes to work with "A Battle of Wits" co-stars Andy Lau and Sammy Hung again.

They say they will hold tightly to any performance opportunities; there will also be a chance when the members will film movies individually. Currently they are preparing for their Asia tour show and they definitely want to hold a show in Hong Kong. Fans will have to wait and see.


►NEXT SUBGROUP -SUPER JUNIOR

Once again, SM has given the fans another slap in The Face and a new sub-group to keep the fans entertained while SJ-M is in China. And with no surprise, the name is crap! SM seriously needs to use a dictionary or thesaurus to come up with better names. But oh wait, they can’t, because they’re busy throwing the boys around like they’re toy soldiers on a Risk board.

Super Junior-Happy is pretty much a recycled version of SuJu-T only with Yesung replacing Heechul. The new sub-group will be coming out with “happy” and “refreshing” bubblegum, kiddy-titled-pop songs for the summer to brighten up the fans while the other boys are stuck in China. Instead of the annual SM Summer album coming out, SM will be releasing SuJu-H’s mini album, with the title song, 요리왕 [Yori Hwang (Cooking, Cooking)] Yori Hwang means Cook King in Korean. The group unofficially debuted on May 3rd and as you can see in the picture above, those are the members of the group. Sungmin, Shindong, Yesung, Kangin, Eunhyuk and Eeteuk.

I think I just lost the last chunk of my respect for SM (not like I had much to start with). When they came out with SJ-M, I was REALLY pissed off and was like “Ok, fine, do whatever you want because I just lost some respect to you (as in SM) and I seriously don’t care anymore. But I’m still sticking to my only13 thing.” but now, SM has seriously gone way too far and overboard with his greediness over money. SM has just also made a big fool of Super Junior and their name…

And to answer two questions that might pop up…
Q: What happened to Heechul?
A: Well, I guess he’s off taking a break. He’s been far way too busy after that accident last year, which is still causing pain in his leg. And he’s gonna be in a musical.

Q: Why isn’t Kibum in a sub-group?
A: He doesn’t want to be in one. He prefers to be in the original main group and he’s not that interested in singing, he’s more into acting. And he is in a new drama…which I forgot the name too (what a great fan I am, hey?!)

SM has used SJ-KRY, SJ-T, SJ-M, and now SJ-H…sooner or later, the whole alphabet is going to be used up and then they’ll have to start all over again, just like naming hurricanes Like seriously, promote the other sub-groups before coming out with new ones. LSM, what did your mother feed you when you were a kid that made you become such a genius??