Gospel Reflections

January 3, 2008

Quotation:

"If you write for God, you will reach many men and bring them joy. If you write for men, you may make some money and you may give someone a little joy and you may make noise in the world, for a little while. If you write only for yourself, you can read what you yourself have written and after ten minutes you will be so disgusted, you will wish that you were dead." Thomas Merton


John 1:29-34
John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. He is the one of whom I said, ‘A man is coming after me who ranks ahead of me because he existed before me. I did not know him, but the reason why I came baptizing with water was that he might be made known to Israel.” John testified further, saying, “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from the sky and remain upon him. I did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘On whomever you see the Spirit come down and remain, he is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit. Now I have seen and testified that he is the Son of God.”

My Reflections:

Have we already shared Jesus with others who don’t know Him that well? I asked this question because if we will only be sensitive on how shallow others comprehension of Jesus we will find out that theirs is simply superficial. Now, if we know then that the situation is like this; would we just stand and be insensitive to their need to know deeply who Jesus is? If we will allow the gospel to touch us we will not just stand. Instead, we will choose to come-in and be involved in the deepening of their faith. This is what John the Baptist has done and we need to model our discipleship after him.

When John saw Jesus coming towards him; he proclaimed: “Behold the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.”

In retrospect like John the Baptist; have we already proclaimed Jesus’ mission to others?

Have we shared Him as the Lamb of God who will take away their sins?




credits: http://mjdasma.blogspot.com