Lee Fires Homers Back-to-Back-to-Back


Hanwha Eagles third baseman Lee Bum-ho celebrates with coach Baek Jae-ho after hitting a grand slam in the second inning of the KBO game against the LG Twins, Thursday.

By Yoon Chul
Staff Reporter

Hanwha Eagles third baseman Lee bum-ho produced eight RBIs, tying for the most RBIs in a game in the Korea Baseball Organization (KBO) after hitting back-to-back-to-back homeruns in the Eagles' 19-9 victory over the LG Twins in Cheongju, Thursday.

Lee, who also played for Korea in the World Baseball Classic (WBC) in the same position, notched his first homerun in the second inning with a grand slam.

He hit the third pitch from Twins reliever Kim Min-ki sending the ball over the left-field fence to give his side a 7-0 lead.

The 27-year-old's fired-up bat didn't stop smashing balls.

In the sixth, Lee hit a solo homer, with the Twins trailing the Eagles by five (10-5), and put the nail in their coffin in the seventh inning with a three-run dinger.

This was the first time Lee has slammed three homers in a game since his debut in 2000.

The performance put him in the lead for the home run and RBI race with nine and 24.

``When the bases were loaded, I tried to concentrate more. Today I hit a grand slam as I was lucky,'' Lee said.

``I feel very good, because I stand in top spot in the homerun and RBI race, but I am not thinking about the homerun king title.

``My homer pace is really good, but I am not greedy about getting the title. I just do my best,'' Lee added.


source:koreatimes.co.kr